Monday, February 9, 2009

We're Expecting!

Yes you read it right, we are expecting our first baby this summer! August 11th to be exact. This blog is going to be an attempt to keep family and friends updated on the pregnancy so check back often to see how things are going! I'll try and catch everyone up to speed since we're already into the second tri-mester.

I didn't exactly find out that Shelly was pregnant in the most traditional matter. I was working in Las Veags the week of Dec. 8th and she was coming out to visit that weekend. I woke up at 6 a.m. Friday morning to a text message from Shelly "I think I am pregnant." I was excited and freaked out all at once because I didn't know how she was taking the news. She was a little freaked out to start but I think after we talked it helped settle us both down and just allowed us to be excited. At that time we figured she was probably between 4-6 weeks along. Up to that point she hadn't had any signals that she was pregnant but the last two months have been a different story. She's been pretty sick but it's slowly starting to ease up.

January 2nd was our first of many trips to the doctor. We got to hear the baby's heart beat which was very exciting. We didn't get to hear it for very long but the doctor didn't have any problem finding it. The baby had a heart rate of 170 beats per minute. Now that the first doctors appointment is done we've got plenty of work ahead of us before the baby comes. We'll be converting the office into the nursery which will still leave a guest room...we're guessing we might have a few more visitors late this summer.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jason,

    congratulations! That's a great news although I can't imagine you will a Dad soon. I am really happy for you and Shelly. Hopefully I will get to meet all three of you soon.

    Vlad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogspot Jason and Shelly! I am so excited that you two are posting. Take any ideas that we have done on our site. I highly recommend the month by month pictures. Can't wait to read about your journey. Fun times await!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! so exciting! all of my cousins are going to have babies around the same time...looks like i should quit my job and become a nanny! congrats you two! i'll anxiously waiting the next blog entry!

    love ya,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again Rogers family! We are so excited for you guys. We are looking forward to all the updates and photos you post here. And remember, if you need ANYTHING... Warnke Rentals is open for business!

    Love,
    Matt, Kellyna, Addison, and Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!!!! Michael and I are very excited for you guys. Thanks for including us in the news. We're looking forward to keeping up to date with your blog. :)

    Angela Ellingson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Shelly and Jason! I'm so excited for you two.... you'll be wonderful parents! I'm so glad you are doing a blog and I can't wait to read more!

    Ashley Deniger

    ReplyDelete
  7. There you go!!!!! Finally :) I knew that the talk about just having the dog for the moment was a lie (yes I know it was 3/4 years ago) :)
    Well, as the best for both of you and I really hope you have twins!!!!
    In my case I have a cat....and I´m very proud of her :)
    Keep us all updated!

    Take care!

    Afonso!!! not alfonso, not afanzo... simply Afonso :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. TESTING -- TESTING -- GRANDMA PETE

    ReplyDelete